Etnographic Park (The Open-Air Museum) in Olsztynek

approximately 19 km from Pluski

The open-air museum in Olsztynek is one of the eldest in Poland. The history of the Olsztynek museum goes back to the year 1909, when Prussian authorities of Königsberg decided to establish an open-air  museum. The collection of the Museum of Folk Architecture insludes: folk architecture (together with small architecture) - over 50 buildings,  items representing material culture - over 8000 items,  works by folk artists and handicraft products - over 2000 items, the library collection - over 6000 tomes. Buildings representing folk architecture originating from Warmia, Masuria, River Bank of the Vistula, Barcja, Sambia and Lithuania Minor also called as Prussian Lithuania, are unusually architecturally diverse, creating one of the most interesting open-air museum complex in Poland. They represent several functions: houses, farm buildings and utility rooms, church buildings, manufacturing facilities such as a water mill, four wind mills, an oil crusher, a blacksmith’s shop, smoking chamber and pottery shop.